The holiday season is just around the corner, but as a business owner I guess you already knew that. For some it’s an exciting time, but for other’s it’s a little nerve-wracking.
Here are 5 ideas to prepare and grow your business during the holidays:
- Set your sales goals. You can’t know what you need to prepare if your goals aren’t specified. Have a session with your team and carve out goals hitting different targets as the season progresses. Define your goals that you need to reach, your expected goals and your stretch goals. Don’t only set goals in terms of revenue but also other metrics such as customer satisfaction ratings, social media following, etc.
- Create a Holiday-Themed Marketing Campaign. Take advantage of the season! The holidays are all about fun and family and people are just so into it. Make sure you capitalise on this. Talk to your target audience and let them know that you have what they need. You need not to be a big business to have a voice, you just need to let them know you genuinely care.
- Make sure that your inventory is ready. Be ready for a crowds to rush-in. You can never be too prepared. Check historical data so you’ll be prepared. Keep in mind that holiday sales are better than expected.
- Decorate Your Windows & Store. Everybody loves the spirit of the holidays. Even the grumpiest person feels a little holiday cheer. Take the time to decorate your storefront for the season. It’ll draw the eyes of passersby and bring them in. Something gets triggered in peoples’ minds when they feel a ‘Christmas sale’ is at hand.
- Tap on Your Seasonal Employees. You know for a fact that it’s busier than usual during the holidays. Make sure that your business is ready to go for the season. It would help to train your seasonal employees in advance. The better trained they are, the better they are at their jobs. This will result to better customer service and will prevent you from being stressed out during the rush.