Your next role might take you to Shire IT. An industry leader, providing tailor made technology solutions and consulting services for small-medium sized businesses. They are dedicated to making their clients’ information systems seamless and cost-effective using leading edge cloud and technology solutions. They believe in getting it right first time every time, which is why listening to both our clients and their end users is so important.
If you are as committed, enthusiastic and results driven as their business is, then you might be the IT Support Technician Shire IT are looking for.
Do you have hands-on experience in information systems, specifically around troubleshooting issues with software, hardware and infrastructure? Have you worked within the ICT sector for at least a year?
If you also enjoy a challenge and would relish in the opportunity to provide support, assistance and guidance to their clients’ then this could be your chance.
The company’s clients’ information systems are of paramount importance and the impact of any anomalies on their daily business dealings can be huge. That’s why they need someone who is on the ball and ahead of the game. They love team players, but also someone who can work on their own, use initiative and be responsible for their own professional research.
Responsibilities of the job include,
- Providing remote support for 1st and 2nd level desktops, servers and networks
- Be client centric when responding to Customer Service requests by phone, on email as well as face-to-face
- Ensure all help desk interactions are logged by managing support calls and support tickets
- Diagnosing technical hardware and software issues and then advising the user on what you will do to resolve it
- Installing and configuring PCs, servers (with the support of Senior Support Engineers) and other IT equipment, both on site and in the cloud
Being a part of a dynamic team, who is always on the lookout for the next cutting-edge ICT solution, you will have a front row seat in developing your skills and stretching your ideas and thinking; absolutely invaluable.
So, if you have knowledge of,
- IP networking, DHCP, DNS and general day-to-day network principles
- Windows SBS, 2K12, 2K16, and 2K19 Server; 10 Pro, 8.1 Pro and 7 Pro desktops
- Mac OSX desktop and server
- Microsoft Office 2K13, 2K16, and 2K19 suite
- And a solid understanding of.
- Active Directory principals and best practices
- Mail servers, including but not limited to Microsoft Exchange, Office 365 and Google Suite
- Malicious detection software and removal methods
Then Shire IT want to hear from you. Send your resume to email@example.com
They’d also love to hear from you if you have an ICT or industry equivalent certification; ITIL foundations certification; knowledge of managed IT services, managed and hosted VoIP; knowledge of disaster recovery and continuity; knowledge of virtualisation, VM ware and Amazon Web Services (AWS)
To view the full job requirements, head over to SEEK