Information we collect about you
In General. We may collect personal information that can identify you such as your name and email address and other information that does not identify you. When you provide personal information through our website, the information may be sent to servers located in the United States and other countries around the world.
How we use the information we collect
In general. We may use information that we collect about you to:
Financial information. For Professionals, we may use financial information or payment method to process payment for any purchases made on our website, enroll you in the discount, rebate, and other programs in which you elect to participate, to pre-qualify you for credit card and other offers that you might find of interest, to pre-qualify Professionals to participate in our directory service, to protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, and otherwise as needed to manage our business.
With whom we share your information
We want you to understand when and with whom we may share personal or other information we have collected about you or your activities on our web site or while using our services.
Personal information. We do not share your personal information with others except as indicated below or when we inform you and give you an opportunity to opt out of having your personal information shared. We may share personal information with:
Aggregated and non-personal information. We may share aggregated and non-personal information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties to develop and deliver targeted advertising on our websites and on websites of third parties. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors to our website and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any personal information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising. For Professionals, we may share your business contact information with third parties, including but not limited to, business name, address, telephone number, email address and name of owner or proprietor of the business.
How you can access your information
If you have an online consumer account with us, you have the ability to review and update your personal information online by logging into your account. You can also review and update your personal information by contacting us. More information about how to contact us is provided below.
Some information we collect is necessary for us to provide our services or meet our legal obligations. We will make this clear when we collect that information from you.
We will also automatically collect personal data when you interact with the Site through your computer, mobile device, or other device. This personal data includes the following:
· Analytics data (e.g. information about app downloads, app and web page histories), which may include data collected from cookies and other types of device identifiers;
· Profile inputs (e.g. page and deal views on the site, purchase details, click information and information about the website you clicked to our Site from). This may include data about your location. With respect to geolocation information collected from your mobile device, we will only collect this where you have provided consent for us to do so; and
· Device details (e.g. IMEI, MAC address, IP address, bluetooth data and advertising identifiers).
We also receive personal data and other online and offline information from third parties with whom we conduct business, such as merchants, co-marketers, distributors, resellers, and other companies or organisations with whom we enter into agreements to support our business and operations, including advertising partners and third party data providers that provide us with supplemental or additional information about our customers (collectively “Business Partners”).
The personal data we receive from Business Partners includes basic personal details, contact details, device details, profile inputs, as well as:
· Demographic information, (e.g. details about age brackets and educational background);
· Location data (e.g. information about postal or ZIP code); and
· Purchase information from third party sites (e.g. information about purchases on other sites).
We will only receive data from our Business Partners where they are legally permitted to share such data, and we will only process that data for the purposes described below. We use the data provided to better understand your preferences, deals that are relevant to you, and how our merchants are performing. By combining the data we collect directly from you with that received from third parties, we are able to provide you with a better, and more personalised, Shire Talk experience.
We will collect the personal data described above at various stages in your relationship with us when you:
· Register, subscribe, authorise the transfer of, or create an account with us. If you choose not to create a password for your account, we create an account and link your purchase details to your email address, which you can set a password for during each purchase;
· Open or respond to emails or messages from us;
· Provide information to enroll or participate in programs provided on behalf of, or together with Sellers and Business Partners, with your consent or as necessary to provide services you have requested;
· Visit any page online that displays our ads or content;
· Purchase products or services on or through the Site from Sellers;
· Connect, log-in, or link to the Site using social networking tools; and
· Post comments to the online communities sections of the Site.
We also create profiles about you based on the personal data you provide to us or that is collected about you, as described above and including personal data that we receive from Business Partners. We do this to market offers to you we think you would be interested in buying. The contents of that profile include:
· Account details. For example, we create a permanent URL to your account page which may include your name. We also generate tokens to remember your subscription and purchase histories, and any loyalty numbers you may have obtained;
· Marketing segment information. For example, if you purchase products or services related to wellness and beauty, we may infer that you are interested in these types of products, or if you purchase Southside Local Getaways deals we may infer that you are a frequent traveler;
· Audience information. We create audiences based on parameters such as gender, age, and location (e.g. males aged 25-35 in your city), and if your personal data matches those audiences, you’ll be assigned to it. This is to help you receive relevant offers; and
· Activity information. Based on your interactions with communications, we’ll generate personal data about how many communications you like to receive, so that we don’t send you more than are useful to you.
Your choices about collection and use of your information
How we protect your personal information
We take appropriate security measures (including physical, electronic and procedural measures) to help safeguard your personal information from unauthorised access and disclosure. For example, only authorised employees are permitted to access personal information, and they may do so only for permitted business functions. We use firewalls to help prevent unauthorised persons from gaining access to your personal information.
We want you to feel confident using our website to transact business. However, no system can be completely secure. Therefore, although we take steps to secure your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, searches, or other communications will always remain secure.
Blogs, bulletin boards, reviews and chat rooms
We may provide areas on our websites where you can post information about yourself and others and communicate with others, as well as post reviews of products, establishments, contractors, and the like, or upload content (e.g. pictures, videos, audio files, etc.). Such postings are governed by our Terms & Conditions. In addition, such postings may appear on other websites or when searches are executed on the subject of your posting. Also, whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information on publicly-viewable web pages, that information will be publicly available and can be collected and used by others. For example, if you post your email address, you may receive unsolicited messages. We cannot control who reads your posting or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so we encourage you to exercise discretion and caution with respect to your personal information. Once you have posted information, you may not be able to edit or delete such information.
Our website is a general audience site, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 14.
Visiting our websites from outside Australia
No Rights of Third Parties
How to contact us
If we deny your request for access to, or refuse a request to correct personal information, we will explain why.
Shire Talk, All rights reserved.
We may provide this information in a standardised format that is not specific to you. The designated email address for these requests is firstname.lastname@example.org
A cookie is a small text file that is stored on a user's computer for record keeping purposes. Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires when you close your browser and is used to make it easier for you to navigate our website. A persistent cookie remains on your hard drive for an extended period of time.
For example, when you sign in to our website, we will record your user or member ID and the name on your user or member account in the cookie file on your computer. We also may record your password in this cookie file, if you indicated that you would like your password saved for automatic sign-in. For security purposes, we will encrypt any usernames, passwords, and other user or member account-related data that we store in such cookies. In the case of sites and services that do not use a user or member ID, the cookie will contain a unique identifier. We may allow our authorized service providers to serve cookies from our website to allow them to assist us in various activities, such as doing analysis and research on the effectiveness of our site, content and advertising.
You may delete or decline cookies by changing your browser settings. (Click "Help" in the toolbar of most browsers for instructions.) If you do so, some of the features and services of our website may not function properly.
Web beacons (also known as clear gifs, pixel tags or web bugs) are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of web users or to access cookies. Unlike cookies which are stored on the user's computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on the web pages (or in email) and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence.
Web beacons may be used to deliver or communicate with cookies, to count users who have visited certain pages and to understand usage patterns. We also may receive an anonymous identification number if you come to our site from an online advertisement displayed on a third-party website.
If you would like to: access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we have about you, register a complaint, or simply want more information contact our Privacy Compliance Officer at email@example.com or by mail at:
Re: Privacy Compliance Officer
4/54 Ewos Pde Cronulla
Sydney NSW 2230