Meet Sonia Bestulic, a Speech Pathologist, Bestselling Author, Podcaster and Speaker, often referred to as a creative, innovative, socially conscious entrepreneur.
. . . Sonia's also a mother of three young children who were all born in just over 2 ½ years – no twins in there, and yes they were all planned!
"I am besotted with my children – they fascinate me, grow me, and dumbfound me, daily! I love it!"Sonia Bestulic
For over two decades Sonia has helped thousands of individuals, gifting communication as a means to successful participation in daily life, and the greater community.
She founded the Talking Heads Speech Pathology clinics in Sydney Australia (Est. 2006); with an intention to provide holistic and genuine care to people of all ages.
Sonia knows oh too well the obstacles that come with running a family, a company, community activities and running the business that is your life!
We caught up with Sonia for ''20 Questions" to get an inside look of what gets her out of bed in the morning.
1. What gets you out of bed in the morning? I love empowering positive change; that starts with me each day; and flows to those I share my world with throughout the day.
2. Tell us about your business in one sentence? Often referred to as a creative, innovative and socially conscious entrepreneur; I am Founder of Talking Heads Speech Pathology; Multi- award nominated author (of both children’s and adults books); Podcast Producer & Host of Chatabout Children.
3. What was the inspiration to start your business/es? All my work is inspired by an intention to empower positive change.
Motherhood carries an unexpected, yet evolutionary path of self-development and self discovery. The weight of social media, societal expectations, and an ever-evolving concept of what it means to be a good parent plays heavily on the minds of mothers. Flourish for Mums: 21 ways to thrive with self-care and acceptance is a much-needed circuit breaker.
Get your copy here >>>
4. Tell us something about yourself many people may not know about you. I eat chocolate everyday. I carry a chocolate tin in my handbag as my dedicated carrier of chocolate!
5. What would you do if you knew you could not fail? Be a professional ballet dancer.
6. Tell us about a business win or success. My most recent, was the publication and release of my third book, Flourish for Mums 21 ways to thrive with self-care and acceptance. This book allows mothers, no matter their context of motherhood, to create space to include themselves within their own circle of nurture; whilst celebrating the children in their
lives. It has been received with enormous support; and wide distribution across Australia; including BIG W, Target and Bookstores.
7. If you could meet anyone in the world past or present, who would that be and why? I’d love to meet two people; 1) Dr Suess (past) as I’d love to chat about his books and writing process. 2) Oprah (present); as she too is about empowering positive change at various levels.
8. What do you love about The Shire? The community vibe; the amazing beaches, and
9. When you were a child what did you want to grow up to be? I was keen to be a doctor or teacher; I knew from a young age I wanted to help people; I also wrote a lot as a child, and wanted to be an author.
A FUN-LOVING BOOK ABOUT THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF MUSIC AND OF NOISY PLAY!
Grab your copy here >>>
10. How do you define business success? Experiencing what you do, as a space of
fulfilment, working in alignment with your values. For me, my values are to work with integrity, provide value, and empower positive change.
11. Share one of your greatest personal achievements. Having three children in 2 ½ years; and having three books published in 2 ½ years.
12. What brings you great happiness? My family and being around authentic, positive
people; and doing what lights my inner spark.
13. What do you consider to be one of your business super skills? Authentic and honest communication.
14. If you could open another business, what would that be? A wellness resort
15. What would you tell your younger self? Let any fears fuel your courage.
16. Tell us about the positive impact your business makes for the Shire community and beyond. The Speech Pathology clinics each and every day are making a direct positive impact on individuals, and how they function and relate to themselves and others in their daily life. My books and podcast are hugely empowering for children and adults – both at a local and global level; for which I have very deep gratitude.
Inspired by the heart-warming bedtime routine with her own three young children, Sonia Bestulic not only honours the love between a parent and child; her book encourages the beautifully simple, yet strongly symbolic act of placing kisses in our children’s heart, to inspire bravery, courage and self-empowerment.
Get your copy here >>>
17. What makes your business unique? The people, and the emphasis on authentic
18. What is one of your favourite childhood books and why? The Dr Suess books; they are so clever and quirky.
19. Is there someone in your business you’d love to give a big ‘thank you’ to; and why? Everyone on the team, across all the work I do; for their commitment to continual learning and passion for their work.
20. Do you have a special offer or event you’d like to share? Yes! There has been demand for further self-care for mums activities and programs; so I have a FREE WEBINAR coming up for MUMS. Love for mums to follow @flourishformums on IG and the Flourish for Mum page on FB for more info!
Founding Director of Talking Heads Speech Pathology
Podcaster of Chatabout Children with Sonia Bestulic
Multi-Award Nominated Author